It’s time to figure out your marketing strategy for 2018. A big part of that should center on mobile. In fact, according to an article on Entrepreneur.com, your “social media needs to be entirely mobile-focused.”
According to Forbes.com, mobile marketing is such a big deal because “everyone has their own phone” and your phone “is with you all of the time.” This means you have constant access to individual customers, including multiple demographics. Compared to computers, mobile devices are inexpensive (affordable by almost everyone) and super easy to carry around with you to school, to work, to the local senior center or anywhere else your audience frequents.
Check out the numbers from “Five Reasons Mobile Marketing is Becoming Even More Important” at Forbes.com:
- “Mobile device adoption rates are increasing at an incredible rate, surpassing 80% in 2016 alone.” In other words, everyone’s doing it.
- “Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to the average desktop conversion rates for e-commerce alone.” Customers are buying with their phones. So make sure your website looks good on mobile, ensure your social media works on mobile and get yourself a mobile app.
- Guess how many hours a day Americans spent on their mobile devices in 2016—“an average of 10.” You can stay in contact with your customers for 10 hours every day. Your social media and content marketing strategies, if you do them right, can continuously bring you
- “It is estimated that by 2019, nearly 72% of marketing dollars will be spent developing apps and advertisements for mobile platforms.” That’s 72% of your competitors’ marketing dollars. What about yours?
- “It is projected that by the end of 2017, 60% of e-commerce visits will start on a mobile device.” The first time a customer meets you could be on their mobile device. Make a good impression.
- Search engine algorithms show mobile-friendly sites higher in search results. Your website is already optimized for mobile, right?
- With an open rate of 98%, SMS (Short Message Service), works better than email. And “up to 90% of people who open the [SMS] message will read it within three seconds.” Who wouldn’t prefer a short, snappy text message over a long marketing email?
Excited for 2018? Worried about being left behind by mobile? ASJ will help you get a mobile website or mobile app so your clients and candidates can access you anywhere. Contact us today to start putting together a mobile-focused marketing strategy for the new year.