We recently published results of the Ad Age and Wildfire survey on social media for 2014, a report that polled more than 500 executives on how their enterprises were handling social media and marketing. Further, we highlighted some of the more significant results.
This week, we showcase the report’s six best practices culled from the survey. These best practices identify initiatives meant to pull ahead of the pack in social media strategy. Take a look.
Consider these best practices.
1. Join brand and digital marketing staff and efforts to manage social media. This strategy merges budgets as well as storytelling expertise with digital marketing. “If resources are scarce, make believers out of other departments; key players across departments may benefit from strong social marketing in ways that will develop over time.”
2. Contract outside help. Hire the expertise you need to handle the creative challenges. “Among executives who say their companies have done excellent innovative work, 70.2% manage social media initiatives through either an agency or a combination of in-house teams and outside agencies.”
3. Strategies should be brand-specific. A one-size-fits-all approach breeds frustration, not success. Instead, appeal to how customers relate to your products/services.
4. Take advantage of technology. Use appropriate technology to manage initiatives as well as to gather metrics.
5. Market across multiple social networks. “Successful social media is no longer about pushing out one message on one network or the same message on multiple networks, but about orchestrating multiple messages across multiple networks.” Make sure to unify a clear message for each network’s audience.
6. “Develop a measurement-specific social strategy with clear outcomes that benefit your brand.” A company cannot know where it is headed if it doesn’t know from what direction it has come. Measuring customer’s interaction will show how social delivers business value.
Need expert help to plan and integrate a social media strategy?
ASJ Partners specializes in growing your business with customized marketing plans. We are experts at integrating your brand with social media platforms, Web Sites, SEO, Google PPC and Remarketing, email and blogging.
Contact us or call 610-930-5300. We’ll be glad to answer your questions.